Komatsu Photo Campaign
Calling out to all international friends in Japan, if you take photos and have an Instagram account!
Interested to lend us a hand in sharing the undiscovered charms of our little city, while standing the chance to win local goods?
Join in our very first Komatsu Photo Campaign, where we are gathering any photos you have of your favorite scenes and things in Komatsu City!
The theme is simple:
“Charms of Komatsu”
It can be the scenery, food, shops, festivals, the arts… even an everyday scene that expresses something special about this city to you.
We want to see the beauty of this city through your eyes, and convey that to many others around the world ^^
And in return, you stand a chance to win some limited-edition Komatsu goods! (think local crafts, food, and even some Pompompurin goods??)
26 May (Fri) – 27 Aug (Sun) 2023
Anyone with an address in Japan, and a public Instagram account!
Instagram posts fitting the theme: “Charms of Komatsu”
How to Participate
1. Follow @explorekomatsu on Instagram
2. Make sure your own Instagram account is public!
3. Within the campaign period (26 May ~ 27 Aug 2023), post a photo taken in Komatsu City fitting the theme of “Charms of Komatsu” (scenery, food, arts, festivals etc.)
• Photos may be taken with any kind of device.
• You may post photos taken in the past!
• Multiple posts are also welcome.
4. Include the hashtags #KomatsuPhotoCampaign #KomatsuCity #explorekomatsu #YourHomeCountry (in captions or comments)
• Stand the chance to win ~1500 yen worth of Komatsu goods such as gourmet treats, craft ware, and even Komatsu-exclusive Pompompurin collab goods!
*The images above are just a sample and subject to changes
• Up to 5 winners with posts meeting the above criteria will be chosen by lottery
(Each post counts as one entry for the lucky draw. So the more you post the higher your chances!)
• Winners will be contacted via Instagram DM after the campaign period.
• You will be asked to provide an address in Japan for us to send the prizes.
• All photo entries may be used on the Explore Komatsu social media accounts (Instagram & Facebook), website, and physical exhibitions in Komatsu City (with the participant’s Instagram handle included)
• We reserve the right to deem entries ineligible if they provide false information, are not taken in Komatsu City, clearly deviate from the theme, violate copyright or privacy laws, or for any other applicable reasons.
• Contacted winners will be given up to one month to reply with their mailing address. If we do not receive your reply by then, your prize will be forfeited
• Participants are responsible to obtain permission of any person depicted in the photo, and permission to use any photos from third parties, before posting.
• We will not be responsible for any infringement of copyright or privacy of photos posted. Any disputes with third parties regarding submitted posts shall be resolved at the participant’s cost.
• Prizes will not be sent to addresses outside Japan. Participants may choose to provide an address that is not their own address of residence, as long as it is within Japan.
• We will not be responsible for any accidents, damages or disputes arising from the delivery of prizes.